Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fair Fight

last day of "nesting" today.we're now moving on to production.no more supports, no more assists, like a bird, we now have to spread our own wings and rely on to ourselves.gawd i'm so afraid...it's either i make it or not.

i still have the chills.the fear.the anxieties. whenever i'm about to approach the station, i just don't know.my stomach cramps, my knees weaken, my mouth dries and arggghh my mind spins.there's only a single thing that i do whenever hesitation starts to creep in..i say my favorite prayer, The Lord's Prayer.and it works, always.

funny how i was able to formulate a little theory on how to avoid impossible and irate customers. it started when i noticed that whenever i take a station with a fat headset,i mean a kinda big headset, sales would flow in, kudos would come and overall satisfaction will be expressed by most of the callers. short calls because of simple concerns also are the ones lined up for those stations with kinda big headsets, therefore helping improve my average handling time or the number of minutes i spend (t) on each call.when seat shortage however occurs and i will be forced to take a cubicle with a thin headset, the opposite happens.

this theory, however, remains a secret coz i don't want my teammates to think that i'm suffering from psychological disorder.hahaha.bleh :p

going back to my chills, i approached TL and told her that I am really afraid to work on my own.I cited my lack of experience in this business as the one responsible for my level zero confidence. modesty aside, i know i'm doing good.excellent in fact...my score card serves as my evidence to that but that's not enough for me to believe that i am now ready to be on my own.

she just smiled at me and said,

"you know what?, i understand you.two years ago, i also had the same predicaments.the chills while walking on the hallway, the endless praying of Hail Mary....but i have always believed in the importance of a FAIR FIGHT.

and a FAIR FIGHT means giving yourself a chance...trying....believing....we don't know what will happen, we might fail but remember, we might also succeed.

do not deny yourself a fair fight mike..."

i sighed...smiled....thanked her....approached my station and sighed again....logged in....pressed auto in...


fair fight now begins...:p


**********************************************************

*how i wish i had given myself a fair fight when i was still with him.too bad TL was not there yet to tell me those words.had i known, i could have been fighting till now.

sad that i already pressed the log-out button on his life.sad that i have no more calls to answer on the line that we built together.

sad that there would be no more "thank you for calling, please have a good day, i'm just here on the other line, i'm listening, i understand your point, i apologize for that, let me help you with that, please take care, please expect a callback from me..."

no more "please call me anytime you need me.."

no more "i love you..please hold on"


sigh...

7 comments:

KRIS JASPER said...

unfortunately, sometimes if you give a fair fight, the other party doesn't.. (sometimes lang ha)

at salamat.. nabasa ko twitter mo.. LOL

DJ KJ

Anonymous said...

huwaw!
english ah! nosebleed!!!

oh well,face towel, fight lang ng fight!!!

parang ako. . . wapaK!

wandering tsinelas said...

he's just around the corner.

Sana nga, you had given him a fair fight before it was too late. :(

*sigh*

mikes said...

@ krisjasper:

tama ka..pero dapat yata walang takot.walang pero pero..fair fight...fight lang ng fight.hehe.walang kwenta sagot ko.

DJ KJ..ayos


@ eloiski:

naku, sensya na sa english.mali mali nga yata.hehe.dinugo din ako pero chige nalang.

fight ng fight..tama yun :p

mikes said...

@ wandering tsinelas:

too bad, it was already too late.

sorry.

Dabo said...

mikel, di ako nagbasa but i'm so happy! sobrang happy to see you that you are back! sabi ko nga kay "ricegurl,"-although, di pa tayo nagkikita rice, can i say i miss you-- yup i miss you my dear friend.

im so indebted with you..

TL said...

My original comment I will just send to you but for now, here's what is on my mind...

Anxiety and Fear is there for a reason. They can be your worst enemies or your best weapons. It will be up to you now where you would like to stand.

Just wish and hope that you will not have a friend who will say the opposite of what your TL said. Because if you do, you will end up losing.